- We use the finest of African Blackwood which is carefully seasoned and stored in proper conditions.
- The wood is turned on a precision lathe ensuring dimensional accuracy and consistency throughout our flutes.
- The flute bore is reamed and polished to a profile which gives an excellent powerful and clear tone.
- The drilling of the finger holes and embouchure is done on a milling machine to achieve the precision needed for accurate tuning. The positioning and size of the finger holes suits younger flute players very well and also makes the flutes very responsive.
- Final shaping of the embouchure is done by hand and with plenty of patience until the perfect sound is achieved.
- The keys are made of polished silver with the finest quality leather pads, and mounted on integral wood blocks with silver pivot pins.
- All flutes are fitted with tuning slide enabling the player to adjust the tuning.
- Our flutes come well presented in polished solid hardwood boxes.
|(Please contact us for any other key configuration)|
|Keyless flute||6-8 weeks|
|Keyed flute||14-16 weeks|
10% deposit required with order. Balance payable when flute is ready for delivery.
Flutes can be posted to anywhere in the world. Packaging, posting and insurance will be charged at cost.